Blanket Chest Coffee Table. Round Kitchen Dining Table.
Blanket Chest Coffee Table
- A low box-like check designed for storing blankets often having a hinged top and a drawer near the base.
- Low storage chest with a hinged lid and often a lower drawer, serving also as a bench.
- A low box-like chest for storing blankets often called a hope chest. Used during Colonial times for storage and as a bench. Find a cedar blanket chest or hope chest.
- A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa, to support beverages (hence the name), magazines, feet, books (especially coffee table books), and other small items to be used while sitting, such as coasters.
- low table where magazines can be placed and coffee or cocktails are served
- (Coffee Tables) While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
PHAT TOMMY Vintage Style Decorative Steamer Storage Trunk Coffee Table Box
This warm and welcoming trunk brings back days of long ago. Remember that old steamer trunk up in your Grandmother's attic, our trunks will bring back those memories and help you create some new ones too. We are able to offer you a great value on beautiful handcrafted chests by importing directly from the manufacturer. The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design and sizing. Subtle variations will occur from piece to piece, adding to its unique qualities. Measurements may vary slightly. Our hope chest, trunk boxes are hand-crafted and tailored to enhance the existing decor of any room in the home. The chest is a classic piece of art and will provide an elegant way to store any item in your home.
Nope.. while I had the lid off, I had to try my other idea..
A cantilever top!
Here are the hinges in a mostly closed position.
An alternative idea was a simple hinge, making this a massive blanket box/chest..
But how do you hold the lid open? More importantly, how do you see the TV with the lid open?! What use is that really? - You'd have to move everything off the table and put it somewhere else.
Antique Pennsylvania Dutch Chest
Decorative painting on chest was done and signed in 1888. The chest itself, however, is MUCH older, dating most likely from the early 1800's. Although bearing the marks of a long and no doubt fascinating history, it remains a very serviceable piece which would function quite passably as a coffee table or blanket chest.
blanket chest coffee table
You can't help but fall in love with this beautifully carved piece which can be handed down from generation to generation. Done in a tobacco stain (dark brown) finish it has real cedar lining. The top opens up for easy storage and access. Notice the floral pattern which is actually carved into the wood creating a nice raised trim and the sculptured bottom legs. The chest dimensions for this ad are 40" long x 21" deep x 21 3/4" tall. * Tobacco Stain * Floral Pattern * 40" Long x 21" Deep X 21 3/4 Tall
See also: pubs tables black dining table contemporary glass tables rustic coffee table with storage discount glass table tops wood table tops cast aluminum dining table
- (月) 15:58:14|
- Category: None