Rosewood Dining Room Tables. Kitchen Island
With Table Attached. Kyoto Dining Table
Rosewood Dining Room Tables
- A dining room is a room for consuming food. In modern times it is usually adjacent to the kitchen for convenience in serving, although in medieval times it was often on an entirely different floor level.
- The Dining Room is a play by the American playwright A. R. Gurney. It was first produced in New York, New York at the Studio Theatre of Playwrights Horizons, opening January 31, 1981.
- A room in a house or hotel in which meals are eaten
- The tree that produces this timber
- hard dark reddish wood of a rosewood tree having a strongly marked grain; used in cabinetwork
- any of those hardwood trees of the genus Dalbergia that yield rosewood--valuable cabinet woods of a dark red or purplish color streaked and variegated with black
- Used in names of other trees that yield similar timber
- Rosewood refers to any of a number of richly hued timbers, often brownish with darker veining, but found in many different hues.
- Fragrant close-grained tropical timber with a distinctive fragrance, used particularly for making furniture and musical instruments
- (table) a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Postpone consideration of
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- (table) postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
80" Rosewood Dining Table with 8 Chairs - Queen Anne Grape Design
crafted of solid rosewood
by artisans in China using traditional joinery technique by and
intricately inlaid with mother-of-pearl flowers to decorate the entire table top and the chairs.Table and chairs are laced with hand-carved grape motif along the edges.This rectangle dining set
is an eye catching piece every time you entertain.The table can be extended to 80" with two 18" removable leaves for your convenience.Hand applied dark cherry finish enhances the beauty of the pearl inlay.Silk cushions sold at $45.00 ea.Please see Fabric Selections: Dining Chair.
A preliminary plan
Here is my vision sketched in a burst of inspiration on a crumbled piece of paper.
I plan to built a roof on top of the house creating a classic two storey library with spiral staircase and cathedral style rose window on a sealing.
A secret entrance thru a bookshelf will lead to a Tim Burton Nursery with a distorted tile floor and striped walls all in shades of grey and a tiny window with a view to the Nightmare Before Christmas cemetery! It will also have a huge industrial roof window quite like the one in Sweeney Todds studio.
Below the nursery will be my cha-no-yu room with tatami lined with dark wood floor and white shoji walls with reflections of willow branches outside.
An art nouveau style staircase will descent to the second floor that has nothing but the great dining room with an white art nouveau fireplace and my very unfitting gothic dining set
(this is a style crime of worst kind but it will have to do for now). And on top of the fireplace there will be a photo of the lady of the house, of course.
In the first floor there will be a bedroom and bathroom divided by a small corridor. The corridor will have nothing more but the Chinese rosewood tea table with a simple flower arrangement , but the corridor itself will be gilded with extravagance.
The bathroom is already tiled with blue mosaic tiles and I intend to keep it that way. There will be an integrated bathtub, a huge mirror and fresco of Botticelli's Venus on the wall.
As a contrast the bedroom will be utterly minimalistic. All white with nothing but a black four poster futon bed with white chiffon curtains matching the ones on the window.
I know I may sound a bit like megalomaniac and I do realise there is no way I could realise these interior design dreams in the real world, but in doll house scale, it just might be possible ;)
Oh yeah, forgot to mention: I want real electric lights for my doll house too! ;D
Beautiful rosewood table and also chairs from a dining room of Matt`s house in LA 2005. Those are quite rare pieces from mid century design.
rosewood dining room tables
Inspired by 18th century European interpretations of traditional Chinese motifs, this magnificent dining set
is beautifully hand-carved of solid rosewood with hand-applied natural finish rounded out with rich cherry trim.Grape vine motif carvings painstakingly hand-inlaid mother of pearl motif decorate the table and chairs.An eye-catching piece for entertaining guests.The table can be extended to 80" with two 18" wide removable leaves for your convenience.Silk cushions sold at $45.00 ea.Please see Fabric Selections: Dining Chair.
See also: dining room table measurements bar height round tables glass cover for dining table folding buffet table dining sets round table contemporary bar stools and tables antique childrens table and chairs
- (月) 15:54:28|
- Category: None